Marshmallow Buttercream with Salted Caramel Topped Chocolate Cupcakes
Marshmallow Buttercream is thick, creamy and delicious. It goes perfectly with my chocolate cupcake recipe and what makes this combo even more amazing, is a salted caramel topping. OH EMM GEE!
I made a batch of these cupcakes for a party recently and they were gone in minutes. SO SO good!
Here is what you need to make this cupcakes:
Bake up a batch of chocolate cupcakes and prepare frosting.
Marshmallow Buttercream with Salted Caramel Topping (click here to print)
- ½ cup of softened butter (not melted)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-3 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 container of marshmallow cream ( 7oz)
- Caramel Sauce (for Sundays)
- Freshly ground sea salt
- In a large mixing bowl, whip together butter, vanilla and marshmallow cream until smooth.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar.
- Add enough heavy whipping cream to loosen up your frosting to desired consistency.
- Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over frosting
- Top with a pinch of sea salt
GET YOURS HERE...
Paper plates from Fancy That