Mini Lemon Icebox Pies
Sweet and tart, these refreshing lemon icebox pies are the perfect way to end the day. Make them a day or two ahead of time and enjoy them later with guests. These mini pies are simple to make with just a few ingredients.
Here is what you need:
MINI LEMON ICEBOX PIES (click here to print)
Ingredients For Pie Filling:
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp of freshly grated lemon zest.
- 12 mini prepared graham cracker crusts (you could also make one large pie with a regular sized prepared crust)
For whipped cream decoration:
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla
- fresh blueberries
1. Whip one cup of heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form.
2. In a different bowl mix together the sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and lemon zest.
3. Slowing fold the whipped cream into the lemon mixture until combined.
4. Gently pour 1/3 cup of mixture into each pie crust, cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 6-8 hours before serving.
5. For the whipped cream decorations; pour 1/2 cup whipping cream into a bowl, add sugar and vanilla and whip until peaks form.
6. Place whipped cream into a piping bag with a star tip and decorate your pie with a nice big dollop in the center along with a couple of fresh blueberries.
Note: The whipped cream decoration and blueberries freeze well with the pie, so you can add it before you place the pie in the freezer or right before serving.
Give these a try this Summer. They are delicious!