Easy Homemade Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
I grew up eating these delicious chocolate cupcakes and it wasn't until a few years ago that I realized they were vegan. They are a dense, moist and taste amazing by them self.
Here is what you need:
Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes (click to print) EDITED 7.14.17
- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2/3 + 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups + 1 tablespoon warm water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix together until smooth.
- Line cupcake pan with liners.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full with cake batter.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes.
- Poke a toothpick down into the center of a cupcake to check if they are done. When toothpick comes out clean, they are ready!
You don't have to be Vegan to love these cupcakes. I use this recipe to make my Black Bottom Cupcakes. Give this recipe a try!
Here are some more delicious sweet recipes...