Homemade Black Bottom Cupcakes
My absolute favorite cupcake is this delicious chocolate with chocolate chip cheesecake filling. Super moist and not too sweet, shockingly enough. I think I may have even asked for these instead of a birthday cake a few times when I was growing up. Seriously, I love them!
You know what else I love? These cute paper plates and confetti. You can find them at Fancy That, one of my favorite party shops! These are perfect for summer parties, especially with a cupcake on them.
Back to the cupcakes...here is what you need to make these amazing cupcakes...
BLACK BOTTOM CUPCAKES EDITED 7.14.17
- 3 cups all purpose flower
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2/3 cups + 1 tbls vegetable oil
- 2 cups + 1 tbls water
- Whisk together dry ingredients until combined. In a separate bowl combing the wet ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until smooth.
- Make filling
Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips (mini work best as they don't sink to the bottom of the cupcake)
- Mix together the cream cheese, sugar and egg until combined, then add chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Fill cupcake pans with paper liners. This recipe makes approximately 24 cupcakes. Fill each cupcake liner 1/2 - 2/3 full with chocolate cake batter. Top each with one tablespoon of cream cheese filling. I usually have left over chocolate cake batter, that I bake on it's own (about 6-8 cupcakes worth)
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. Carefully check for doneness with a toothpick, if it comes out clean the cupcakes are done.
Here is a sneak peek at how I made my cupcakes...
Pin the image below to your favorite dessert board on Pinterest!
Looking for more sweet treats? Check these out...